gnubol: Re: GNU Project Cobol Compiler

On 26/04/00, Matthew Vanecek wrote:

>For Lex and Yacc, I understand the syntax and structure.
>Still working on techniques. Trying to make a MySQL SQL
>preprocessor towards that end.

Is MySQL released under the GPL license ? Last time I checked it was not.

There are several free SQL Lex/Yacc parsers available which could be used
as a starting point for an embedded SQL preprocessor.

The one I was looking at, was written by Leroy Cain. It does not do
anything other than parse SQL code. It is available on the net, but I
forgot were.

>Are there plans to be able to generate a listing of the
>assembler code at compile time (like MF and COBOL II can do)?  I've
>never tried doing that with gcc, so I'm not sure if it can, already

Yes it can. In the following example, GCC will create an assembler file
called prog.s.

gcc -S prog.c
edit prog.s

If you are looking for an actual assembler listing, gas (GNU assembler)
will create one for you.

as -a=prog.s.txt prog.s
edit prog.s.txt

David