Re: gnubol: Cobol for GCC Progress Report

Tim Josling wrote:

> Ashish,
> No it generates assembler straight from the input Cobol; it does
> this using the GCC code generation and optimization logic, which
> supports many platforms and CPUs (dozens in fact),
> Tim Josling
>
> Ashish Sharma wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does this compiler generate intermediate C source?
> >
> > > I hasten to add this is not a useable product as yet.
> > >
> > > Tim Josling

Excellent.  That's what I was hoping for.  No need for another Cobol2C,
I guess.  Are there plans to be able to generate a listing of the
assembler code at compile time (like MF and COBOL II can do)?  I've
never tried doing that with gcc, so I'm not sure if it can, already
(truth be told, I just thought of the question, and am going to bed,
so...).  I found that capability useful on the mainframe with debugging,
but I'm not sure it would be more than interesting on the PC...
--
Matthew Vanecek
Visit my Website at http://mysite.directlink.net/linuxguy