RE: gnubol: distinguishing data refs and conditional refs

>Tim Josling wrote:
> In my opinion the compiler should crash if it runs out of memory, or a
> resource like a file does not exist. No other limitations. IBM's
> mainframe compiler has an undocumented limit on the number of forward
> procedure references. These limits can cost people a lot of money.

Runtime and compiler 'crashes' are perfectly acceptable, so long as there is
enough diagnostic information generated to determine what caused the crash.
I hope that those who put the run-time together design a program dump with
this in mind.

Glen Colbert