Re: [GNU-COBOL] New to list

Randall Bart a écrit :

> At 12:40 PM 10/26/99 , Fred Mobach wrote:
> >Sébastien Ducléroir wrote:
> > > So, is there a commercial cobol compiler for Linux ? give me its name
> > if so. It
> > > could help me waiting your outstanding smart GNU Cobol compiler !
> >
> >But I wouldn't use the commercial Cobol compilers. I've done a little
> >investigation on this topic and they are present, but you need not only the
> >compiler but also run time system licenses to run you executables on other
> >systems
> >as well.
>
> I think Sébastien's point is that he could develop software using a
> commercial Cobol compiler with a single machine license, then port it to
> GNU Cobol when it's available.

Nearly :)
We are already using IBM Cobol on our AIX for years. I just want to build and
run our sources on Linux. If I can do this, I win a demo box which can be easily
transported, unlike an AIX Box (and cheaper, of course !). I'll contact Fred
Mobach, and Haroldo Stenger suggested me a commercial product. I'll study all of
these.

In all cases, I repeat : keep on the track ! :)
--
« Notre tête est ronde pour permettre
 à la pensée de changer de sens. »             Sébastien Ducléroir