RE: R:gnubol: Record delimiter clause and parse order

This statement about LINE SEQUENTIAL being a Micro Focus only invention is
simply not true.  It is (was) part of the full X/Open COBOL specification -
and any X/Open conforming COBOL does support it. (There were actually some
X/Open branding tests - for COBOL).  Along with Line Sequential,  I remember
some (but not all) of the other extensions to the ANSI/ISO Standard that were
included (and, hence, are very common in UNIX COBOLs),

  - COMP-5
  - "Enhanced" ACCEPT/DISPLAY (screen section)
  - file-sharing/record-locking
  - concatenation expressions (using the ampersand)
  - "initial" national (PIC N) support

I think that you will find that EVERY COBOL compiler (including IBM,
AcuCOBOL, RM, Fujitsu, CA-Realia, *and* Micro Focus) that runs in either a PC
or UNIX environment supports line sequential files in addition to the
Standard record sequential file format.