gnubol: SableCC vs. other parser generators

Hello,

I'm looking pretty from outside onto this project, so it may well be, that my
question has already been answered in some detail elsewhere:

I read about times, when the parser generator chosen had been changed from
Antlr to SableCC, although now, it seems to be bison.

Can somebody give me some links to what motivated the respective movements
from Antlr to SableCC to bison??

Thanks,

   Markus

PS:  Would you please answer Cc: mp@dfki.de, since I'm not on this list.