Extensions (was RE: gnubol: How do we parse this language, anyway?

Included in the "attached" are some questions/comments about extensions.  Do
people in the GNU list want me to get into a discussion about them - or
should I leave my recommendations (comments about) "good" extensions until
later on in your development?  I would be happy to come up with a list of
some of the more common ones - what they do - who supports them - etc.  But
only if the list would like to see it at this stage.

Bill Klein
  wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com