Re: [GNU-COBOL] New to list

Sébastien Ducléroir wrote:

> Hey, I NEED GNU Cobol ! because an RS/6000 don't fit on my suitcase !
>
> So, is there a commercial cobol compiler for Linux ? give me its name if so. It
> could help me waiting your outstanding smart GNU Cobol compiler !

You're completely right in your need for a GNU-Cobol compiler. That's why we're
cooperating to create the beast.

But I wouldn't use the commercial Cobol compilers. I've done a little
investigation on this topic and they are present, but you need not only the
compiler but also run time system licenses to run you executables on other systems
as well. If you're still interested you can ask me on my own e-mail address, I
think it's not prudent to name those commercial products on this list. If anyone
dislikes this, please tell me, but informing others is not bad.

Regards,

Fred Mobach