Re: [GNU-COBOL] math library questions

> The goal is a correct implementation of teh Ansi 85 std.
> and thus a vaild COBOL implementation.

Ok, then please do explain to me why we've got fischer working on a math
library that is guaranteed to fail to meet the standard?  If you're going
to be nonstandard, you might as well use doubles, and if you're going to
do any work to try to improve on doubles, you might as well do it RIGHT with
a BCD library.  I've offered to write one if we can't find one, but I was
basically told to go fuck myself.  As you can imagine, being told that
when I offered to write something the project HAS to have in order to be
COBOL dampened my enthusiasm considerably.

--
John J. Adelsberger III
jja@umr.edu

"Civilization is the process of setting man free from men."

						- Ayn Rand