Re: [coldsync-hackers] Anybody up for a perl sync conduit?

Hi,

Is there a Perl equivilent to the PHP PEAR DB feature? All the data calls are database independent, except for where you tell it what database it is. I have used Perl DBI, but you seem to have to program it for whichever database you are using.

If there was something similar, you could have the field mappings and database details in a separate config file, and loop through them. All you would need to do to use it would be to set the database type via the conduit arguments. The config file could be a perl file in it's own rights and do idiot checking on the mapping line.

Regards,

Marco