gnubol: http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/CCONTENTS

Folks,

Here are some useful links I found on the IBM BookManager® BookServer Library site.  Searches can be done for COBOL, Data Formats, etc.  I hope this information is useful.

Ted Seward

Online Documentation (for keyword searches, for example use COBOL as a keyword):
    http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/LIBRARY

ESA/390 Principles of Operation:
    http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/CCONTENTS

    Decimal Instructions:  Includes description of the data formats for decimal / packed decimal data:
        http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/8%2e1

    Floating Instructions:  Includes description of the data formats
        http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/9%2e1

    EBCDIC / ASCII Translate Table
        http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DZ9AR004/I%2e0

Using Data Sets (VSAM, ISAM, Sequential)
    http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DGT1D404/CCONTENTS

    Record Formats (Fixed, Variable, tapes, etc.)
        http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/DGT1D404/3%2e2

Glossary of Terms:
    http://www.s390.ibm.com:80/bookmgr-cgi/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/EZEGLS00/CCONTENTS

    Actually glossary starts in chapter 2: