Re: gnubol: New bison Grammar available (long)

In a message dated 12/22/99 6:19:34 PM EST, tej@melbpc.org.au
in discussing an early subset writes:

(lots of snipping...)
<< Procedure division:
 ADD, DIVIDE, SUBTRACT, MULTIPLY - use compute
 COMPUTE - OK but only one receiving item allowed, no rounding, no
 size error.
 EVALUATE - not allowed

IMHO that is definitely the wrong track. (and since that sentence has
'definitely' maybe this is MNSHO). The first thing that needs to be done in
the parser is the nesting of conditional blocks. We need to deploy the ON
SIZE ERROR, AT END, and EVALUATE first!. It would not be a bad idea to delay
on the I/O functionality, but the conditional clauses of the I/O statements
should be proven as part of the first effort.

Best Wishes,
Bob Rayhawk
RKRayhawk@aol.com