Re: gnubol: New bison Grammar available (long)

RKRayhawk@aol.com wrote:
>  COMPUTE - OK but only one receiving item allowed, no rounding, no
>  size error.
>  EVALUATE - not allowed
> The first thing that needs to be done in
> the parser is the nesting of conditional blocks.

Bob,

They (all the nucleus grammar in fact) would be parsed but you
would get an error message 'not supported in the core subset used
to build the compiler'.

IMHO (by the way I did not understand your acronym) the problem
with the nested conditionals is parsing them. Generating code
once they are parsed is not especially difficult. But it is work
and is not needed for building the compiler IMO - therefore can
be deferred.

I need to understand the nature of the concern here - it could
be:

- you are not convinced I would be able to parse them correctly
when the time comes

- you think the error messages will be poor

- you think code generation for them is problematic and should be
proven early on

- you think we need to support all nested conditionals even
search/evaluate (which I do not support at the moment because I
do not know how to nest search/evaluate without a ton of work if
at all).

Once I understand the problem I can probably do something to test
out whether there is a real problem waiting for me down the
track, to both our satisfactions.

The only thing that cannot be tested is the nested
search/evaluate - this is a matter of opinion and installed base
research. It is also a matter of 'how do you do it?'. If someone
wants nested search/evaluate they will have to send some code or
a design (pseudocode) at least.

Regards,