Re: gnubol: Hacks needed to parse COBOL

RKRayhawk@aol.com wrote:

> (good advice/bison 102)

I am trying to get the hacks down to those that are needed because of genuine
uncertainty combined with a need to reduce something at the same time. Often I
can get around it by expanding out some of the nested productions. Sometimes
not.

Now that I have the precedence fully working it has made a lot of things easier.

Also you commented on the fragility of the fact I am doing lookahead and so is
the parser. Bison only looks one token forward and I this should not span the
'procedure division [].' sentence. So as long as I trigger the token rework at
that moment I should be able to avoid trouble. But it requires careful
management.

Regards,