Re: gnubol: Anyone actually working on Cobol

Tim,

Current situation is HP 3000 using MPE/iX OS which includes POSIX and has had a GCC ported.  So there is no problem (or little ones anyway) at this time with the current proposed path for the project.

The advantages of the project would be, to me, that we could eventually develope some decent tools for debugging, version control, and rapid developement.  None of which currently exist at any level I would call anything but state-of-the-art for 1978 on the HP.

>>> Tim Josling <tej@melbpc.org.au> 11/10/99 05:35PM >>>
<snip>
This does raise the issue of what environments people are using -
I would be interested to hear from people on this point.
<snip>