Re: [GNU-COBOL] Problem in using yacc to parse COBOL grammar

   Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:24:27 -0400
   From: "Boris Kortiak" <BKortiak@genlyte.com>

   Just a little nit.

   I think he got the data types reversed.  First case A OF B is data item modifying the number of TIMES to PERFORM.  Second case A OF B is paragraph name.

   >>> David Essex <dessex@aracnet.net> 06/29/99 12:20PM >>>

   <snip>
   >PERFORM A OF B TIMES ... END-PERFORM
   >vs
   >PERFORM A OF B MOVE X TO Y
   >
   >After we read tokens PERFORM A OF B,
   >we need to see either TIMES or verb token
   >to determine how to treat PERFORM statement
   >and what termination it will have.
   >
   >In the 1st case A OF B is paragraph name,
   >in the 2nd case A OF B is data item name.

   <snip>

Yes, indeed, the 1st one is the data item name and
the 2nd one is the procedure (paragraph) name.

It does not change the issue with parsers, though.

Vadim Maslov