Re: [GNU-COBOL] Beginings

When last we left our heros, they were speaking of:
> --- "Justin C. Ferguson" <jferg@acm.org> wrote:
> > > I do think it would be a good idea for us to
> > arrange a "real time"
> > > communication area, such as a moo or irc channel
> > so that we can talk in
> > > groups if necessary.  It's also easier to have a
> > dialog than it is in
> > > email tag.
> >
> > 	The MOO can be brought back up easily, just let me
> > know.
> >
> That would be good.  When I get a fast connection, we can move it from
> acm to my machine.  The one problem I have with moving stuff to my
> machine is that Bell Atlantic says they will be going to a dynamic IP
> scheme within the next 6 months.  So, while I have a static IP now, it
> won't be that way for long.  We can work around this when the time
> comes.

	Theoretically Southwestern Bell is going to begin offering xDSL here
on July 8, *crosses fingers*, and I should be able to afford it sometime
shortly after that, so I should be able to host some of this stuff too.  I
haven't called to talk to them about Static vs. Dynamic IP's, but there are
ways around that too.

	I'll try to bring the MOO back up on acm.cs.umr.edu, port 31337,
it should be able to live there for a while at least.

								JF

--
Justin Ferguson - Tech. Analyst, Sprint Paranet   jcfergus@sprintparanet.com
http://www.worldinter.net/~jferg/                       jferg@worldinter.net