[GNU-COBOL] Am I right in thinking...

Cobol gurus I have a query...

I read in the standard that when COMMA IS DECIMAL-POINT is in effect,
the comma and decimal point exchange meaning.  So, two thousand and
five tenths, 2,000.5 becomes 2.000,5

The decimal point is considered part of the number.  Is the thousands
delimiter valid in a numeric literal?

So, for example, is this valid:
      ADD 2,000 TO 3.  or  ADD 2.000,5 TO 3.

I'm also assuming that a numeric constant cannot contain the currency
symbol.  So, this is *not* valid:
      ADD $300 TO 3.

If any part of that is not right, let me know.

Thanks,
laura