Re: [GNU-COBOL] Re: idiotproof? (fwd)

> If we are writing Cobol (as opposed to something that looks like Cobol) all
> memory should be allocated at compile time.  The only run-time allocation
> should be made by the loader and the Cobol run-time initialization routines.

When I first read this, I was tempted to disagree, but after considering the
fact that support tools should be able to expect such behavior and also the
fact that part of COBOL's amazing efficiency depends on it, this seems to be
correct.  It won't be pretty, though.

--
John J. Adelsberger III
jja@umr.edu

"Civilization is the process of setting man free from men."

						- Ayn Rand