gnubol: cobol.el

Here's a better-working version of the cobol.el.  I made some back-outs
to the indentation code--I will probably delve into c-mode's indenting
code to see if I can't get something a little more workable.

The untabify doesn't work quite as well as it should, either--although a
source file is auto-untabified when saved.

I will start putting this up on my Web site and just send an
announcement when I've made updates.

As always, suggestions are welcome.  I'm specifically looking for a way
to do syntax highlighting that is much more efficient than regular
expressions.  An Lisp-ers with ideas in that direction are welcome to
tell me. ;)

ciao,
--
Matthew Vanecek