Re: gnubol: Cobol mode in Emacs Lisp

Tim Josling wrote:

> This may be your answer:
>
> Subject: Re: [GNU-COBOL] Quiet on the list?
> Date:    Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:13:40 -0500
> From:    Matthew Vanecek <mev0003@unt.edu>
>
> Boris Kortiak wrote:
> >

> > 1)  Has anyone given thought to a COBOL specific editor?
>
> Emacs, of course. What else would you use??  I have a cobol.el
> that
> works quite nicely, if you remember that column numbering starts
> at 0
> and not at 1. :)
>
> If anyone wants it, let me know.
>
> Geoff Hull wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is an implementation of a "cobol-
> > mode.el" or somesuch?
> >
> > Regards,
> >                Geoff

I've a copy at work. I'll bring it home and post it. I have problems
with the syntax highlighting, though---so many reserved words takes a
while on long programs.  I don't know enough about lisp to do it
programatically, though.

--
Matthew Vanecek
Visit my Website at http://mysite.directlink.net/linuxguy