gnubol: Name is Select/Assign clause

I was just cleaning up some old notes and read this.  FYI, on IBM mainframes
(today), *EITHER* a "data-name" or a "literal" in the Select/Assign clause
points to a DDName.  (actually, on CMS, there is a way to "convert" it to a
physical file name - but that is fairly unusual.) OTOH, in Micro Focus
(MERANT) COBOL - if you have a literal, it is always a "physical file" name
(the thing known to the operating system - this may or many not "assume" the
local directory).  But a data-name may *either* point to an environment
variable - or a data-name (in Working-Storage - for example) that had the
physical file name as its value.  Which of these last two options is meant in
Micro Focus COBOL - depends upon a compiler directive.

P.S.  If possible, would people please not use "MF COBOL" to describe EITHER
"Micro Focus COBOL" or "Mainframe COBOL" - as it does tend to be ambiguous.