Re: gnubol: RE: Record delimiter clause and parse order

Bill is right as always. I have verified this with my own eyes.
As was pointed out, with line sequential, it is non=standard so
you can do what you want and what the users expect (if that is
possible). I guess rewrite of a line sequential file would have
to truncate or space fill as appropriate.

As for checking the attributes, line sequential files have no
attributes. Someone might specify a fixed length line sequential.
Does this mean a record of a different length is an error? I
think they would consider you an very annoying person to kill
their program based on that. So an inconsistent attributes status
would not I think be given for line sequential.

It is useful to discuss but it is also good to produce some code.

Tim Josling