Re: gnubol: What's GNU?

GNU is a project to provide a free rpelacement Unix system. See
http://www.fsf.org.

GNU Cobol2C is a project to create a Cobol to C converter. It is
no longer active.

There are two projects currently active for free Cobol Compilers.

http://www.geocities.com/timjosling/cobol.html has more details
of Cobol for GCC which is a project to create a Cobol compiler.

I also wrote an article for the Cobol Report which has more
information and links - see

http://www.cobolreport.com/columnists/tim/tim.htm

Tiny Cobol, which is another Cobol compiler project, was started
by Rildo Pragana who is Brazillian and so knows Porteguese. The
link is

http://tiny-cobol.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Tim Josling