Re: [Fwd: gnubol: Record delimiter clause and parse order]

Actually, when you think about it, it really doesn't matter what we do with
variable length records and their header as long as we can write and read
them correctly.

Try as I might, I can't think of a single instance where a programme
compiled with any other compiler is going to try to read a file full of
variable length records created with "our" compiler.

In fact, I would even go so far as to say that I can foresee some extremely
exotic results if I were to try to read a file of variable length records
created with - say - a MicroFocus compiled programme with -say- an IBM
ansi-63-going-on-85 compiled programme.

The whole point is that perhaps in this case we should concentrate on
reading the records which we write.

Or perhaps I extrapolate too much?

Fred Neale