gnubol: The cost of COBOL compilers (humor)

As a follow-up to the most current thread (in comp.lang.cobol) on the cost of
one specific (and several in general) COBOL compilers, I thought that I would
pass the following along.

Just today I was talking to a friend of mine (former co-worker at two of the
COBOL vendors for whom I have worked),  we suddenly came up with the
following "amusing" answer to those who complain about the price of most
COBOL compiler when compared to the majority of "commercial" C (or C++ - or
even Java) compilers.

What you REALLY need to do is to divide the total cost of the compiler (even
the compiler plus run-time) for each language by the number of reserved words
(or even "statement types") supported by each compiler.  Once you do this,
you will see that your COBOL compiler is really a BARGAIN - on a per reserved
word basis. <BG>

--
Bill Klein
    wmklein <at> ix dot netcom dot com