RE: gnubol: WHEN and other conditional phrases

FYI,
  I believe that the I/O verbs *are* going to (in general) require "look-up"
(to determine access of the file).  It isn't just "matching" conditional
statements, but the simple statement

    Read WhatEver
       Invalid Key
         Display "whatever is invalid"
    End-Read

Requires knowing the ACCESS mode of WhatEver to determine whether or not the
"syntax" is valid.  Given this fact, I *think* that you will be able to use
"incompatible" conditional statements to "implicitly scope terminate"
contained conditionals.

Bill Klein
  wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com