Re: gnubol: Code repository?

Michael McKernan wrote:

>   Matthew> Is there a code repository for work that's been done so
>   Matthew> far (CVS or whatever), or is everyone pretty much doing
>   Matthew> their own thing right now?  I'd like to get involved
>   Matthew> somehow, but I'm not sure where to begin.
>   Matthew> --
>   Matthew> Matthew Vanecek
>   Matthew> Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis
>   Matthew> Visit my Website at http://people.unt.edu/~mev0003
>   Matthew> For answers type: perl -e 'print
>   Matthew> $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Tim has told you where to look, but there's not a whole lot of
> interesting stuff there at present.  I'd really like to see an area
> on the site for hare-brained schemes and half-baked ideas or anything
> that would make it easier for people to participate.  (How about
> that, Justin?)
>
> In the meantime, there is so much to do that you could start
> anywhere.  I could probably sketch out some things that wouldn't need
> too much adaptation to fit into the ultimate semantics phase.
> Picture processing, fixed point arithmetic setup, validation of
> declaration clauses...  What looks like an interesting problem to
> you?  It seems only right that if you get in early, you get to
> choose.

I'm moving kinda slow right now.  I graduate Dec. 18, so things are
kindof on hold until after that.

I know COBOL.  My (new!!) job will be working with COBOL.  I'm pretty
good with C, and learning more as time permits.  I picked up the
lex/yacc book from O'Reilly, but haven't really had much time to go
through it.  Although, the SQL preprocessor in one of the chapters looks
interesting.

Pretty much that's where I'm at.  I just really didn't want to start
from scratch and redo stuff that's already been done, and probably do it
worse anyhow. ;)  The gnu-cobol home page doesn't really have any links
to source code on it, except for the Cobol2C stuff (which I assume has
been finished and discontinued?).  I'm not in a rush, really, but wanted
some sort of direction to move in...
--
Matthew Vanecek