Re: gnubol: The token "IS"

Would this not be an excellent example of a pre-lexer?  With it you could check to make sure that all uses of IS/ARE, SPACE/SPACES, ZERO/ZEROES, &c are correct.  Correct if possible (e.g. "IS IS" becomes "IS") and flag as a warning and lex out, otherwise flag as an error and lex out the whole statement before passing on to the next step.

Of course I could be way off base (not unusual).

>>> Michael McKernan <mck@tivoli.mv.com> 12/07/99 08:50AM >>>
  MM > Can anyone think of what the repercussions would be if we were to lex
  MM > out the token "IS" as noise?  I don't remember ever having done it,
  MM > but I can't think of anyplace that would be affected by it's
  MM > absence.  Getting rid of it would reduce the lookahead burden
  MM > slightly and simplify parts of the grammar.