Re: gnubol: IBM flags nested conditionals as error (RC=8) but recovers OK

  Tim> Here it is (compilations only). To me this means it is not an
  Tim> extension but good error recovery. Note in the second listing,
  Tim> the not size error binds to the inner add.

  Tim> Tim Josling

Excellent, Tim.  We now have three compilers that give hard errors,
two that accept without warnings and the important one that issues a
severe warning but generates code.  That seems to clear up what the
IBM doc that Bob cited was saying.  I think the IBM method sounds
like good policy.