Re: Parsing nested statements: was Re: gnubol: subsets

In a message dated 11/25/99 11:09:41 PM EST,
Michael McKernan,mck@tivoli.mv.com writes:

<<
 Bob, I trust that someone among our fifty-two members will be able to
 comply with Tim's request to run the experiment for us.  Let's let
 the mainframe compiler be the arbiter.  Ultimately the compiler
 determines what is in the code base, right?

 Best regards,

 Mike

It is easy to be comfortable with your excellent approach. While you all sink
some energy into that charted sea to see that it is charted, I shall endeavor
to deploy an actual solution for the "...not...such..." consideration which
is definitely a chess game, even though there are those that think no such
gameboard is relevant.

If I can sketch it, I will share notes, and atleast a minimum bison file to
show the concept specifically.

At a higher level we all have a major issue before us. If the vendors are
deploying different semantics on arithmetic and I/O conditional syntax, we
have the largest possible coding task before us. That represents a major
turning point, if real. So heads up.

But whatever the direction this imparts, clearly the tenacity displayed by
one in possession of as much technical depth and breadth as you will mean
good things for this project.

Best Wishes
Bob Rayhawk
RKRayhawk@aol.com