Re: [GNU-COBOL] PIC -> edit masks -> a standard large numericrepresentation

>>> "David L. Nicol" <david@kasey.umkc.edu> 10/28/99 11:06AM >>>
DN-
<snip>

Records could then be stored as arrays of these 10-byte things,

I'm not sure I understand this.  Do you mean that the physical record stored on some media would be a 10 Byte structure?  That would be wrong.

On the other hand, if you mean that internal to the compiler this is how numbers would be represented, manipulated and compared, maybe.

Of course I could be completely misunderstanding what you are saying.