Re: [GNU-COBOL] Yet Another Grammar question

  Laura> As I read the standard, the ADD statement can only appear in
  Laura> the SIZE ERROR clauses (and other imperative-statement
  Laura> locations) when it appears "Whithout the optional ON SIZE
  Laura> ERROR and NOT ON SIZE ERROR phrases".  So, the NOT ON SIZE
  Laura> ERROR PERFORM SOME-PAR can only be matched with the very
  Laura> first ADD, that being ADD 5 TO FOO.

I presume you're citing 6.4.2.3.1 (pg. IV-39), Laura, but that
definition also says "...or a conditional statement that is delimited
by its explicit scope delimiter".  That wording leads me to believe
that a properly delimited add ... size statement  may indeed appear
in a size clause.  Perhaps it would be OK to try to parse the size
clause as part of the inner add (ADD 9) and diagnose the missing
delimiter.

Mike