Re: [GNU-COBOL] Lines of code

I'll try out some of the test cases you suggested when I get the
preprocessor done. One thing your experiences suggest to me is
the importance of insulating the parser from the rest of the
compiler if possible, so if you find there is a limitation you
can switch without throwing everything away.

With the comment that LR(k) can do the job, what value of k do
you need (if it's infinity, then it's really a backtracking
compiler I think).

Laura's web page says things are more or less on hold until she
graduates - does this include the parser research? (By the way,
Laura, in a few years you may look back on your years at college
as the time when you had limitless time, in contrast to life as a
worker).

Tim Josling