Re: [GNU-COBOL] Donations from Sun...

When last we left our heros, they were speaking of:
> Matthew Fischer wrote :>
>
> >	I just had Sun e-mail me the form that we need to fill out, and it
> >requires some work.  I am willing to write part of it, but there are others
> >more qualified than me to fill out certain sections.
>
> Question: Is this a true donatation or is it a borrow type thing?

	It's a grant.  A true donation.

> >	6. EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUESTED (please attach, or have your Sun
> >   Sales Rep attach, a budgetary quote, at full list value, for the
> >   hardware and software you are requesting):
>
> hmmm, I'll give my Sum Rep a call Monday and have them create a budget quote
>  for me. =)
> I was think the following:
> if its a borrow situation: maxed out Sun ENterprise Ultra 5s or 10s
> If its a donatation: a entry to mid level Sun Enterprise 2.
> SOftware: Solaris 2.6(patched), Java, Java Workshop and Java Studio licenses
> Sun C/C++ compiler, Sun Cobol compiler =).
>
>  figure we coul dget them to send us a nice headless development server.
> We could host all the mail/Moo/CVS, development tools, etc
> Probably mount AFS to. =)
> Also the Java dev tools might make life easier.
> THe C tools will be a nice compliment to gcc and the Cobol compielr
> so laura doesn't have to go into the 207 lab anymore. =)
>
> >	9. BRIEF PROJECT OVERVIEW (one paragraph or 100 words maximum):
>
> 	The project is to create a free software Cobol compiler. =)
>
> 	I think laura or our tech writer(who??) needs to write this up.
> 	Not just for Sun, but for anyone who asks, try to get a nice
> 	systematic explanation.

	Somewhere in a state of foolishness I volunteered to do documentation
and web pages.  So I guess that would be me.  :->

								JF

--
Justin Ferguson - CS  "Good morning, how are you, I'm Doctor Worm...I'm
jferg@usgs.gov        interested in things...I'm not a real Doctor but I