Re: [GNU-COBOL] Donations from Sun...

Matthew Fischer wrote :>

>	I just had Sun e-mail me the form that we need to fill out, and it
>requires some work.  I am willing to write part of it, but there are others
>more qualified than me to fill out certain sections.

Question: Is this a true donatation or is it a borrow type thing?

>	6. EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUESTED (please attach, or have your Sun
>   Sales Rep attach, a budgetary quote, at full list value, for the
>   hardware and software you are requesting):

hmmm, I'll give my Sum Rep a call Monday and have them create a budget quote
 for me. =)
I was think the following:
if its a borrow situation: maxed out Sun ENterprise Ultra 5s or 10s
If its a donatation: a entry to mid level Sun Enterprise 2.
SOftware: Solaris 2.6(patched), Java, Java Workshop and Java Studio licenses
Sun C/C++ compiler, Sun Cobol compiler =).

 figure we coul dget them to send us a nice headless development server.
We could host all the mail/Moo/CVS, development tools, etc
Probably mount AFS to. =)
Also the Java dev tools might make life easier.
THe C tools will be a nice compliment to gcc and the Cobol compielr
so laura doesn't have to go into the 207 lab anymore. =)

>	9. BRIEF PROJECT OVERVIEW (one paragraph or 100 words maximum):

	The project is to create a free software Cobol compiler. =)

	I think laura or our tech writer(who??) needs to write this up.
	Not just for Sun, but for anyone who asks, try to get a nice
	systematic explanation.

later,
Chad Slaughter  -- slaught at umr.edu
<PGP public key available upon request>