Re: [GNU-COBOL] ISAM Files

Bernard Giroud wrote :>

>I had 2 packages in mind:
>. the DBF library of the Cobcy project of Asantini:
>  not call compatible, and limited to DBASE III files.
>. a very old ISAM package coded in 86; I have to check
>  the license stuff, but it seems to be call compatible.
>  I'll check that roughly, as soon as possible, before going
>  for holidays for a week; I have a HP-UX with Informix
>  installed at work.

Actually, I miss spoke. Unless, required... The file access
doesn't need to be compatible with anything other then functionality.
At least thats what has been discussed so far.
The calls nor the file formats need to be similar to anything, unless
its needed.

>Except these two, I also thought about GNUsql and Postgresql;
>there must be some code dealing with indexes.

Good idea. I only hope they modularized there code enough, so
the appropriate code can be ripped out. I'd hate to hack
and chop up alot of dependent code. =P

>Talking about code, where can you find NetRexx?
>I'll be happy to use that product.

NetRexx home page: http://www2.hursley.ibm.com/netrexx/

Probably need to create a set of resource links on a homepage
somewhere. Do we have a webmaster, or Documenter yet? laura?

>For the conference, I'm sorry to be busy at work at that
>time.

That reminds me, I think we need to gather a list of times
that are good for people to join in a conference chat.
I don't think the list needs to be bothered; so if everyone
can send me a couple of time blocks(2 hrs or so) each week
they could possibly attend an online conference. Just something
general doesn't have to be firm, but it would accommodate those
in non-CDT time zones in a schedule alot easier.
We won't have a whole group meeting each week,but it can be
used to set up smaller discussions as well.

later,

Chad Slaughter  -- slaught at umr.edu
<PGP public key available upon request>