Re: [coldsync-hackers] Tungsten-W sync problems...

On Monday 03 November 2003 06:01 pm, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:36:55 -0500
>
> Izzy Blacklock <izzyb@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:
> > Ok, I don't think you want these just dumped into the message body so
> > I've attached a tar.gz with the logs.  I've sent two, the first one
> > segfaults. Here's the command and the screen output:
>
> [...]
>
> Could you try with a listen block such as this one:
>

> listen serial "usb-linux" {
>         protocol: net;
>         device: /dev/usb/tts/1;
>         transient;
> }

OK, that worked.  Well, actually, I used /dev/usb/tts/0, which worked.

> > I found that removing -d sync:6 stops the segfault and produces the
> > second file in the attachment.  Here's the command and screen output:
>
>  interesting. can you use gdb to see where the segfault is happening?

I tried, but can't figure out how to get gdb started.  I've never used it
before.

I did find that with the listen block above, it didn't segfault anymore when I
add the -d sync:6 back in.

> > I think this is the info you are looking for so I'll include it below.
> > The full logs are in the attachment.  I'm guessing the segfault is a bug.
> >  I don't think I said what version of coldsync I'm using in the last
> > message. It's coldsync-3.0-pre3.tar.gz.
>
>  Please try with the CVS version.

I downloaded the CVS, but it doesn't seem to have a .configure and I'm not
sure how to manually kickstart the make process.  The INSTALL doc requires
running .configure and I didn't find anything else to the contrary.  Let me
know if I missed something.

I'm still using coldsync-3.0-pre3.tar.gz which now seems to work with the
listen block above.  So, am I missing something in my command line that was
causing the problem?

Thanks again for all your help.  I'll try to further assist in tracking down
any bugs, if you are willing to hold my hand through the areas I am not
familiar with.  ie, running gdb (am am familiar with debuggers, but never
used gdb) and installing from the cvs.  A gentel nudge towards any
documentation I've missed is probably all I need. :)

...Izzy