Re: [coldsync-hackers] Reporting conduit errors

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:23:21 -0600
John Deptuch <deptuch+cs@erato.usask.ca> wrote:

> die "501 can't open your calendar";
>
> Coldsync show the error on the command line but the Palm reports "HotSync
> operation complete" with no errors listed when you press the Log button.

 You can add a note to the hotsync log with dlp_AddSyncLogEntry and
eventually use dlp_EndOfSync (not yet implemented in the perl module) to
abort, if you really need.

 In general terms, a conduit should not abort the sync process. I havent
tested if this could mess up the daemon itself, but i don;t think so.

> I'm using version 2.3.1 on Debian.

Please switch to the CVS version. You'll find numerous bug fixes and
improvements, especially regarding to the daemon mode.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy