[coldsync-hackers] Help with Linux+Visor

	I've been trying to get ColdSync to sync a Visor over USB under
Linux, but without luck.
	The symptom is that after a few packets, ColdSync starts printing
either "ACK timeout, resending packet" or "Got an unexpected data packet.
Sending ACK to shut it up."
	Both of these messages indicate poor communications between
ColdSync and the Visor. In the second case, it means that ColdSync's ACK
packet never got to the Visor. In the first case, it could mean that the
request packet never got to the Visor, or else that the ACK never
returned.

	At any rate, pilot-xfer doesn't appear to suffer from this, and
I'm trying to figure out why. I've hacked up a version of ColdSync to
where it does exactly the same thing as pilot-xfer: 'stty -a <
/dev/ttyUSB1' returns the same thing in both cases. But the problem
remains.

	Another possibility would be to try to change pilot-xfer so that
it breaks in the same way as ColdSync, but I haven't played around with
this much yet.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      Actually, these _do_ represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      opinions of ooblick.com!