Re: [coldsync-hackers] Regression testing / scripting POSE

At 14:05 28/02/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> > I was also wondering if anyone can recommend a reference for the HotSync
> > protocol (DLP and below).
>
>         RTFS :-( The comments in include/pconn/<protocol>.h might prove
>enlightening. There should also be a fair amount of documentation at
>www.palmos.com, though I don't have a reference close at hand right now.

Yip, have done, but this and all the other documentation I can find out
there is missing a few key parts.  I've been unable to find _any_
documentation on PADP or DLP on the Palm site.  They do describe SLP, but
under a different name.

Both pilot-link and coldsync handle last fragment loss
differently.  pilot-link will stop transmitting the current packet even if
it is half way through if it gets a unexpected data packet.  coldsync will
ack and drop the incoming data fragment, then begin retransmitting its
packet from the start with a new XID.

Both use the same XID for all fragments in a packet.  Interestingly enough,
a real Palm handles the XID changing for each fragment fine.

Well, this seems close enough for now.  Thanks.

-- Michael