RE: gnubol: Sequential File I/O plans

One other item I thought about is the fact that you will want a "switch" in
your file descriptor to show whether or not the file is "EXTERNAL" or not.
This impacts semantics (such as whether an implicit CLOSE is done on an EXIT
PROGRAM statement).

There are also rules (that are spread ALL OVER the Standard) about which
clauses have to be EXTERNAL if the file is external (e.g. file-status field,
linage fields, etc - I never remember which are and which are not required to
be external and there has never seemed to be any logic to this).  This is
"clearly" something that needs to be checked at syntax time.