RE: gnubol: The many different types of numbering systems used in Cobol.

Actually, Micro Focus provides three solutions to your "examine" issue:

1) If you use the OSVS directive (which can be used IN ADDITION TO the ANS85
directive), it will accept ACCEPT syntax (along with the ON verb, TRANSFORM,
and several others)

2) You can use the ADD-RESERVE directive (that isn't the directives name, but
I know there is one that lets you "equate" any word with any existing
reserved word.  This is actually quite useful for doing COBOL programming in
languages such as French or Spanish)

3) You can use the VOCABULARY feature which allows you to "create your own
syntax).

   ***

All of those are Micro Focus features.  I don't think ANY of them should be a
high priority for the GNU project, but are certainly things that could be
considered for a future enhancement. (First, you get current Standard support
in, then you worry about extensions.)

Bill Klein
  wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com