Re: gnubol: [leclay@ibm.net: Can I help?]

Ralph,

At the moment I am working on integrating into the GCC back end,
which can generate code for 30 platforms. That way we solve half
the problem of writing the compiler (eg optimisation). This is my
preferred approach at the moment.

If the pcode has support for some COBOL runtime things like -
packed decimal, string, search, inspect etc, I would be
interested in using any of that.

There is certainly a lot of grammar to write (I have only done
the nucleus). Also lots of runtime. Would you like to have a look
at my grammar on my web site http://timjosling.homepage.com and
see if you can make heads or tails of it, and maybe look at
adding some cobol component like sequential files or whatever. Or
you could look at some of the runtime. Let me know what interests
you and we can find a small task to try out.

Regards,