Re: gnubol: Hacks needed to parse COBOL

At 12:13 12/1/99 , Tim Josling wrote:
>move 1 to c (a (1)).
>
>What is the correct error message here? "Too many array index expressions
>for c"?
>Or  "a is not an array and should not have array index expression"?

How about:

move 1 to c (a (1)).
ERROR: Invalid Subscript

I think it's more important to point the user at the right place in the
code, than to give the "right" error message.

Note, I'm not saying the error message must point at the final right
paren.  Anywhere between the "to" and the end of the expression would be fine.
--
RB |\  Randall Bart
aa |/  Barticus@usa.net        1-818-985-3259       Barticus@att.net