Re: [GNU-COBOL] SCREENS

"David L. Nicol" wrote:

> In practice, are the cobol-provided terminal io primitives
> still used much, or are front-ends taken over by GUIs?  Or
> is a custom GUI the first thing a vendor adds?

    Vendors usually add custom GUI code, but the ones I've looked at acted as
though the GUI screen was 80 fixed-width columns by 24 rows, and used the same
Screen Section as the character interface.  Now I don't want to go off on a rant
about this...  :-)

--
 Christopher Clark   compudata@cadvision.com   ICQ#9342023
 I don't even dream of being able to speak for my company...

Neither I nor you have any business questioning what a hacker does on his
private time. In many cases, I have a feeling we really do not want to know.
     -- Jonas Oberg