Re: [GNU-COBOL] edit program qs? (was PIC)

Chad Slaughter wrote:

> Randall Bart wrote :>
> >
> >though some are tediously detailed.  The most tedious of all is PICTURE.
>
> I would agree.

Why? dataname, format
picture is the keyword that attaches that format to dataname
description of format:
A    alphabetic
X    alphanumeric
9    numeric
B    blank leading zeroes
$    float dollar sign
*    fill leading spaces with asterisks
V    places decimal point
,    formats comma (like dec pt. CAN be placed anywhere even wrong)
Ken