Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:00:11 -0500
From: Matthew Vanecek <mev0003@unt.edu>
To: gnu-cobol@acm.cs.umr.edu
Subject: Subscribe & can I help?

Hello, all.  I just came across your website while exploring www.gnu.org
for ORBit information, and became very interested.

I was wondering what the current status of the project is, and if there
is a source package available for download/testing.

Also, I would be very interested in making any contributions I could.  I
am passingly familiar with C, and not at all with bison/yacc, but I am
fairly proficient in COBOL (of all the languages to be good in on a Unix
platform!!).  Still, I can learn the others fairly quickly, and might
even be able to help. :)

I am familiar with Microfocus and proficient with IBM COBOL II.  Plus, I
have a COBOL II manual, from an earlier iteration (I think it's a couple
of years old, but IBM doesn't change much quickly).

Lastly, I don't see a link for subscribing to the mailing list.  Is it a
majordomo list, or is subscription restricted?

Hope I can help,
--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Justin Ferguson - CS     "Television is a medium.  They call it that because
jferg@usgs.gov            it's neither rare nor well-done." - Ernie Kovacs