Re: [coldsync-hackers] usb syncronisation troubles

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:31:24PM +0100, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:09:50 +0300
> spied@yandex.ru wrote:
> > 3. PConnection_usb.c
> > i see freebsd usb code - it duplicate libusb code. may be remove it
> > from coldsync tree? libusb is small and portable wrapper.
>
>  It is something we were thinking about... Andrew?

	Sorry for taking so long.
	As I understand it, ColdSync+libusb for FreeBSD requires a
kernel module for serial communications (I forget the name right now).
This module is included with FreeBSD 5.x, but not 4.x.
	5.x isn't quite ready yet, but should be released relatively
soon. So I vote to wait until 5.x becomes the new stable version.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com