Re: [coldsync-hackers] Sync'ing a non-palm device using HotSync/ColdSync

Hi David,

"David A. Desrosiers" <hacker@gnu-designs.com> wrote:

> There is some similarity, but multisync (as far as I know and can tell
> from a quick search of the mailing list) does not support Outlook in any
> way. I wouldn't choose to use Outlook, but in this case there is no other
> option.

	Since when did ColdSync run natively on Windows, linked to HotSync
Manager's DLLs?

It doesn't as far as I know. I think there may be a mis-understanding here. :)

I'm using the ColdSync libraries to emulate a Palm device. This emulated Palm
device runs on my Linux PDA. I connect the PDA to my work PC (running that
other OS and Outlook), and synchronise them using the HotSync protocol.

The patch submitted to this list the other day simply allows for the pconn library
to start acting as a Palm device. The patch in itself is not sufficient of course, but
it integrates the common base functionality.

I hope that clears up any open questions...    :)

Cheers

/Ferry Hendrikx